WEBINAR: Jan 21st, 6pm GMT
Accessibility, Inclusion and Raising our Game above Checklists
Accessibility is becoming a more and more prominent topic in Testing and Quality Assurance but do we fall into the trap of dehumanising inclusion with an over reliance on checklists and guidelines.
Speaker – Paul Alexander
In this talk Paul will look at the Purple Pound, Inclusive Design and the role of Testing/QA throughout the lifecycle of our projects in relation to accessibility. We will also explore how Inclusive Design and Accessibility go hand in hand and putting more focus on people and less on checklists will raise the quality and accessibility of our products.
- Accessibility should not be intimidating but embraced
- Taking a people first approach is key to success
- We shouldn’t rely on checklists solely when dealing with accessibility
- We can guide our exploratory testing more effectively
Date: Jan 21, 2021 06:00 PM in London
Registration Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_rCdHePLBRzOLzfNg_VHEpg
WEBINAR: Feb 24th, 6pm GMT
STG – Quality Engineering Instead of Testing… Why? How?
To continuously deliver IT systems at speed with a focus on business value, high-performance IT delivery teams integrate quality engineering in their way of working.
Quality engineering is the new concept in achieving the right quality of IT systems. Testing after an IT product was developed already was a thing of the past. But more is needed to guarantee the quality of applications that are delivered fast and frequent in today’s high-performance IT delivery models. The road to quality engineering means changes in terms of starting points, skills, organization, automation and quality measures.
3 key learning points:
– Quality engineering is the new concept aiming to deliver quality at speed
– By measuring the right indicators the team supports confidence in achieving pursued value
– By applying the proper quality measures and tools the team focuses on relevant activities
Please note this session will involve audience interaction to determine what to discuss throughout the session. There will also be a prize draw which will see 3 attendees win a free copy of Rik’s e-book ‘Quality for DevOps Teams’.
Date: Feb 24, 2021 06:00 PM in London
Registration Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_APUtMPSsSSu0PqWMOjVL-Q